Actionable Intelligence is in our DNA
Answers Only Come from Asking The Right Questions
It happens virtually every time.
Even if armed with the invaluable knowledge accumulated over years of in-the-trenches experience, when the leaders of a company explore outside those trenches and invest in honest, make-no-assumptions market research, they learn something new. Often something eye opening. Always something constructive in the endeavor to make smarter business-development decisions.
If you engage with NewPoint, you’ll have a full arsenal of research methods and the wisdom necessary to optimize them. Determining which ones to deploy will be the product of communication and diagnosis. And the results will be translated into information that is meaningful and useful.
Insight To Action: Newpoint Capabilities
Discovery & Research
Exploration and investigation cultivate insight. But they also tell us something else.
We never know everything.
Whether it’s ongoing research to continually monitor the pulse of food-industry trends, proprietary studies to dig deeper into what your buyers really need, or some other type of investigative work, NewPoint can pursue and present to you the knowledge required for making sound, reasoned, results-oriented marketing decisions.
- Trend reports and what they mean to you
- Industry/category analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Qualitative market research
- Internal client analysis
With the tools acquired in the discovery and research phase, NewPoint partners with you to identify opportunities and lay out the means for advancing your brand and growing your company.
The outcome strategy could involve the tried and true or the unconventional. It might emphasize targeting the lowest fruit or making a bold move for the most ambitious goal. But it will always move forward on sound, market-informed footing.
- Business consulting
- Brand consulting
- Channel strategies
- Marketing plan development
- Media program development
- Customer cultivation
With a clear, comprehensive marketing plan in place for your product or brand, NewPoint has the creative juice and the meticulous management skills to see that plan optimized for success—both from a tactical ideation and an analytics assessment standpoint.
- Brand message & design development
- Branded packaging & display programs
- Integrated branded campaigns & promotions: FSI, social media POP, radio, outdoor, etc.
- Tradeshow and sales support materials
- Digital marketing: website, loyalty club, SEM, social, email, advertising
- Brand management support: store checks and analysis, industry & category data, IRI and competitive sales stats
Actionable Intelligence: Newpoint Methods
Quantitative Market Research
- IRI/Infoscan category data purchases
- Strategically chosen industry associations
- In-person store checks
- Industry and consumer surveys
Internal Client Analysis
- Interviews with your team (executive-level, sales, operations, customer service, etc.)
- Website review
- Business and/or marketing-plan review
Qualitative Market Research
- People who buy from you
- People who don’t buy from you
- Your peers and other role players in the food supply-and-service chain
- Industry researchers, innovators and other thought leaders
Marketing Results Analysis
- Sales reports
- Web analytics
- Benchmark studies
Advance Your Brand with Proven Processes
A 4-Course, Customizable Menu
Outlined here is our full-scale, collaborative NewPoint Brand Essentials™ client-service process built on years of experience in advancing branding initiatives and achieving business-growth goals. Each tier “service package” is typically a prerequisite to the next.
Where do you want to be? This one-time, entry-level buy—with no further contractual obligation—provides a timely category analysis relative to your niche in the food industry.
It’s where every smart marketing strategy begins. Depending on your business’ specific needs, this process frequently contains most of the components from our NewPoint Methods page.
Constructed primarily of acquired data and a first-pass market examination, this diagnostic paints an essential backdrop against which you can begin to calibrate your sales and marketing efforts.
A preliminary business-development recommendation based on NewPoint’s assessment of the research.
A due-diligence assessment of both the actualized and the latent differential advantages within your company and products, relative to your competition.
Builds on the market diagnostic with further targeted quantitative research, as needed, while also bringing in qualitative industry research and interviews with key stakeholders in your company to attain a true and clear brand strength. This clarity then serves as the fulcrum for an effective marketing strategy.
Culminates in a brand-positioning recommendation report, which includes:
- Corporate brand structure (if advised)
- Brand message | statement of competitive distinction
- Brand promise | customer benefit translation (answers your buyers’ most basic question, “Why should I do business with you?”)
- Brand positioning statement | as part of your brand identity
Depending on your initial need assessment at the start of phase II, this deliverable might also include other components that build on the brand recommendation—namely:
Initial creative design development and visual voice (how the brand will look to compete in the market)
- Logos & branded programs
- Branded packaging and sales support materials
- Branded POP and in-store marketing materials
- Branded digital presence for web & social media
A comprehensive, 12-month marketing and business-development implementation plan, anchored by the NewPoint Brand Reconnaissance™ report.
Provides a results-oriented and results-measurable roadmap for achieving specific short- and long-term business goals via integrated sales and marketing efforts.
A budgeted and scheduled marketing growth plan with a clearly stated marketing objective, strategy and tactics. While contingent on issues unique to your company, these tactics will likely include:
- Retail & Food Service Brand Presentation
- Packaging, label & private label program development
- Campaign development
- Coupon strategies—FSI through digital – RETAIL CPG ONLY
- Retailer load-to-card programs – RETAIL CPG ONLY
- POP and in-shore programs – RETAIL CPG ONLY
- Shopper marketing programs – RETAIL CPG ONLY
- Advertising & promotions
- Channel marketing support
- Sales Tools and Collateral
- Sales Presentations
- Sales Meetings
- Trade show and event marketing
- Channel marketing programs
- Commercial foodservice-chains, independents, lodging/hospitality, healthcare, schools, government etc. programs
- Rep program
- Buying groups marketing materials support
- Online brand platform
- Website development
- Branded social media & engagement strategy
- SEO & analytics reporting
- Online security and brand damage-control backup
- Marketing-plan evaluation metrics (per the objective at the very front end of the plan)
- Retail & Food Service Brand Presentation
NewPoint deploys its in-house, food-industry-experienced creative team to implement and manage the Phase III marketing plan tactics.
Enables you to focus on your core business, while optimizing professional creative capabilities.
While working closely with you and your executive sales team, NewPoint executes the marketing-plan tactics and, most importantly, does so while deeply dialed into the branding strategy behind them.